Rumors that Lil Wayne would be dropping his $51 million lawsuit against Cash Money Records has surfaced
News that the Lil Wayne $51 million suit against Cash Money has been dropped was only partially right. The only reason it was dropped was that so it could be re-filed again in New Orleans, Rolling Stone reports. The news came from Karen Civil who tweeted the case had been moved to New Orleans.
All this started with negotiations around The Carter V. It was supposed to come out several months ago. The album still has not released and Wayne has expressed his frustrations publics multiple times now. All of this ended up in this huge lawsuit, which is asking not only for money he is owed, but also percentages from Drake and Nicki Minaj’s careers as well.
Just last week Lil Wayne yelled “F–ck Cash Money” and dropped the mic at a show telling them that The Carter V and his Free Weezy album would be coming soon. It is hard to say how soon any of it will be, but we are all patiently waiting.
During a recent Canada tour, Rich Homie Quan sat down with Montreality to speak about the Cash Money controversy and how he looks up to Toronto-born artist Drake. Although Rich Homie has mentioned speaking to Birdman and Lil Wayne in the past, he tells Montreality that he “doesn’t really know what’s going on” with their situation.
“I can only speak for myself because I try not to get into their business,” Quan says. “It doesn’t exist to me. I have no problems with Wayne I pray both of them get through whatever they are going through.. Other than that, I’ve just been focusing on myself.” Recently, Quan has been in the headlines regarding his departure from Rich Gang, which belong to Birdman and Young Thug. Quan also spoke about Drake’s If Your Reading This, It’s Too Late.
“I keep hearing it everywhere I go.” Quan says. “Drake is one of the best and one of my idols also,” he says. “Drake’s the truth.”
Awww, damn Drake is winning everyone’s heart for that last album. Who’s next to compliment the rapper?
Chris Brown and Tyga are two of the most talked about Hip-Hop artists right now, and only a portion of the chatter is due to their new album, Fan Of A Fan: The Album, which is due out on Tuesday. The other portion(s), are due to the hit-making duos many run-ins with paparazzi, fellow artists, the Twitter world, and their (alleged) women. On Monday, an interview that has already been taped, that features both Chris and Tyga engaging in a lengthy conversation with Ebro and Peter Rosenberg of Hot 97, will be released to the internet, but as a precursor, the station has revealed an informal interview the two stars did with one of Hot’s brightest new personalities, Ness Nitty.
The crafters of “AYO” talk about everything, from the biggest obstacles Chris Brown faces on his daily journey to a monogamous lifestyle, to Tyga’s issues with Drake and how it affects his relationsihp with CB. At one point, Chris Brown begins mocking Drake, which comes off as quite awkward, considering the two stars reportedly made up last summer, made a record that they were supposed to debut at Drake’s OVO Fest, and they even appeared in a Saturday Night Live skit together.
Watch the interview above, in which both Chris Brown and Tyga touch on a myriad of other topics, including the album they’ll release on Tuesday.
J. Prince jumps to Drake’s defense and sends a stern “hands off Drake” message to all including the Cash Money camp
In one of the most gangster moves in Hip Hop to date, Rap-A-Lot Records head honcho J. Prince busts some serious shots at Diddy, Suge Knight, and even took a minute to address Baby, Slim, and their current business situation.
In what is being dubbed as the “Courtesy Call”, Prince is very vocal about his dislike for Diddy and Drake‘s physical confrontation at LIV nightclub last year, saying,
“Puffy feeling like he can put his hands on my family, open the doors for his family to be touched. You reap what you sow.”
For the entire “Courtesy Call,” check out the above link.
Editors Note: We hope these guys find a way to resolve whatever issues they have, be them forged or authentic.
The end of 2014 was pretty quiet for Lil Wayne, at least musically. His highly-anticipated new album, Tha Carter V, has been shelved indefinitely as he battles Birdman and Cash Money Records for back-pay, and the latest development, a $51 million lawsuit that Weezy slapped Baby and co. with, indicates that we may have officially witnessed the end of an era.
But just last night, Lil Wayne took to Twitter to let fans know that just because he’s breaking away from under Birdman’s wing doesn’t mean that’s he’ll lose his path musically. More specifically, Weezy announced that he will soon be releasing a free album titled, the Free Weezy Album
It’s a lot more serious than disgruntled tweets now
Late last year, Lil Wayne shocked the industry when he voiced his displeasure with Birdman, Cash Money and others in the YMCMB infrastructure at the way he’s been underpaid, and the way the roll out of his long-awaited new album, Tha Carter V, has been handled. For weeks there have been rumors about Wayne’s next course of action, but today we have confirmed reports.
TMZ has obtained a copy of the lawsuit Weezy is slapping Baby with, in which he’s asked a judge to terminate his contract with Birdman, and requested the rights to take Drake and Nicki Minaj with him. According to Wayne, he was supposed to receive an $8 million advance when he began recording Tha Carter V, and another $2 million upon its completion, but he’s received neither compensation.
Lil Wayne signed a 4 album extension with Cash Money Records in the spring of 2012.